Monday, April 22, 2013

1 girlfriend and 1 new friend

Yikes, it's been a while again. 

Today's the big day!  My li'l boy is 9!  We had a great party with family last night.  The best part was when he blew out his birthday candles and oops, there was one candle left!  Ohhhh--one girlfriend!  He even named her.  HA!



Yesterday was an 'ah-ha' day for me.  You know how you are out and about in the community and see a family and say, "Yes, them, they have it all together...I want to be like that!"  Well, I had a family picked out at church about whom I thought this. 

She, the mom, approached me yesterday after services to talk about some things she saw regarding the kettlebell trainings I do.  As we got to talking, she opened up about how this was their first year on one income and how it's been really tough.  I was so wrong about them, as I thought she was a stay-at-home-mom all along and I envied her ability to spend time with her kiddos doing all the things moms should have time to do.  I was 100% surprised when she told me she'd been working all these years and that this was her 1st year as a SAHM. They are struggling to make ends meet.

But her words of encouragement were what I needed to hear.  The Lord provides.  Always. He gives you the means to work out the kinks and in the end, this will be a wonderful decision for the family.  And now I have a connection with someone I had put on a pedestal and thought unapproachable; maybe even made a new friend.  It made me feel better to know we aren't the only ones, I guess, and to know there's someone else who does understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment