Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday

March 31, 2013
Easter Sunday

This is not going to be an exciting post.  But here are my thoughts for the day:

Two of our kiddos explored the empty tomb this morning. I love Easter.  Thank you, Jesus, for rising again so that I can someday be in heaven with you.

 
 

After our delish Easter Dinner today which was not healthy or clean or muscle building or correct in macro intake at all, but very much a needed treat, I found myself saying things I've not said in a long time.
 
I found myself saying things to indicate I was excited about the summer.  For 13 years, summer has simply meant a lot of work.  More kids.  More BIG kids.  More meals.  More chaos.  More loud.  More of everything.  Don't get me wrong...I've loved it in its own way, and it always provided an extra boost of income for the family, but I am so ready to move on.
 
Today I spoke aloud plans to have friends over to play with my kids this summer.  I would never have considered this while doing child care.  By the end of the day I am wiped out and do not want to deal with more kiddos.  And if I had extras here during the day (for example, to ride home on the bus with one of my own) I'd need to make sure I'd have paperwork and appropriate ratios of children. And for some reason it feels quite insane to ask my son's grade-school friend's mother for immunization records and health insurance information (part of the required paperwork for anyone in the house during licensed hours).   And it felt even more insane to have a background check ordered for any of my daughter's friends who are over a certain age to come and hang out around here while the children are around.
 
I write down the positives of my decision to be a stay-at-home-mom like this so that I can overcome my feelings of doubt and panic.  Because as I sit here knowing how very not-wimpy this decision has been for me and how right it is for our family, I feel pretty skeptical as to how it will all work out. 
 
Our sugar-drenched Easter Sunday is over.  Back to work (still have 4 extra kiddos in care) tomorrow.  Back to my regular routine.  I'm really going to push it with reining in my diet to get lean and mean for the summer.  And I'm going to have to really push it to start planning, budgeting and getting this family organized for this upcoming month of change.  This not-so-wimpy mom can do this!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment