Saturday, March 30, 2013

5K and bye-bye toys

This not-so-wimpy mom ran her first 5K (3.12 miles) race of the season this morning. And I gotta say, THAT STUNK!  40 degrees in March in MN is not so bad.  A little bit of sun.  Okay.  No rain.  Bonus.  Prairie style gale-force winds off a frozen lake like the blast form the back side of a jet engine (only cold!)....AWFUL!!! OH.MY.GOSH, did I ever want to stop, turn around and walk back to the start line!  But I didn't.  Because remember, I'm not-so-wimpy! 

My son and my husband ran the race too.  Our son came in 20th overall and 3rd in the under 18 age group (he's 8!).  So proud of him! 

Right now, this not-so-wimpy mom is fighting baseball-like lumps in her calves that keep cramping up. 

On the other hand, I feel pretty wimpy.  While I was busy cooking and baking for Easter, my family started de-constructing my living room/play-room.  The child care room is slowly making its exit.  I've never had a real living room.  For 13 years the toys have shared space with our furniture and television.  But, since I'm down four kiddos now and have only littles left, we decided to start moving a few things out.

I never expected to get emotional and start crying over that.  Wimpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment